Opinion of Kingman's Performance

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blog Posts Haunted by a Red Hare



I’m honestly not taking a break because of the Dodger season coming to an end.  It has simply been one of the most hectic two weeks at work since September 28th.  First, with a new facility opening up at Sacramento Airport that I have been knee deep involved in, requiring me to do a lot of San Fran-Sacramento commuting in the past 10 days.  Second, I’m  preparing for a presentation I need to give in El Salvador in one week.  Combine that with the the close of fiscal year on Sept. 30th and the start of fiscal year without a federal budget on October 1st, employee close out appraisals, a change of management structure, etc, etc...I simply have not been able to dedicate any time to the blog.
So 30 hours ago, after getting a Sacramento hotel room following a 20 hour work day at about 2:30 am,  I started pounding out a post that addressed the post season games so far and some of Colletti’s comments made to Jim Bowden.  I must say, I really had very little pertinent insight to add.  In fact, it was downright embarrassing, so I shelved the post.  A 3rd grader could have wrote it.  Which, come to think of it, might not be a bad idea.  At least it would allow me to get some much needed rest and get an honest coherent post up.
As I peruse the web sites.  I see:
Insightful analysis of the New Colletti interview with Jim Bowden that was done by Mike Petriello over at  MSTI LINKED HERE 
So what was on my mind as I drifted off to sleep?  This 56 foot Red Rabbit hanging from the rafters at Sacramento International Airport.  Yes, someone was commissioned a few million dollars to create this 2 1/2 ton rabbit that overlooks the ticketing area in the new facility.  The artists inspiration for it?  Apparently he was overlooking the fields around the airport and saw a rabbit hopping along.  


Back to the blog world.  I enjoyed this humerous look at Jerry Sands as the Carl’s Junior Star reviewed at Dodgerbobble  Dodgerbobble link
But my 2:30 am, my stupor of thought dozes back to the terror of the Red Hare from hell jumping at me.  It could have been a sculpture of Godzilla instead after viewing the size of it.    Two million dollars of tax payer money spent on a 2 ton hare jumping into an undersized suitcase on the arrivals level below it.  LINK to Airport Opening


Waking up, I return to the blog world and read about a quick comparison of Frank McCourt to the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail at the  "Left Field Pavillion" LINKED HERE  



But thinking of Monty Python gets me to thinking about the terror of a rabbit again, and that mental image of the giant hopper returns as I drift off into my nightmare again.



Waking in a cold sweat, I get my wits back, log back on and start perusing web sites again.  I read through Steve Dilbeck's L.A. TImes blog and come across this interesting piece addressing the legal issues with McCourt and how he keeps coming up short in his arguments presented to Judge Gordon.  L.A. Times Blog Linked HERE


Eventually it is 3:00 am and I drift off to sleep again, as my mind returns to work related topics that have dominated my thinking.  The raging rabbit has left my thoughts long enough to remember the tree root chandelier, the giant tuba and the flock of geese that flies over Sacramento Airport Customs officers.  Not bad, not bad at all.  Maybe I'm starting to understand this "art" thing after all.







No comments:

Post a Comment