Opinion of Kingman's Performance

Saturday, December 25, 2010

My Contribution to dodgerblues.com



Merry Christmas everyone!  Hopefully you’ve all enjoyed a wonderful day.
I have followed dodgerblues.com for as long as the sight has been in existence.  It has probably been at least 8-9 years now.  I get a kick out of it.  Yes, I know the off-color humor gets out of hand.   But I laugh at the satire and the irreverance.  There is something appealing about laughing at the foibles of this baseball franchise.  I take some comfort in knowing that there are baseball clubs that are even worse off than the Dodgers, but then after perusing dodgerblues.com, I sometimes wonder who they are.
Several years ago, the creator of Dodgerblues.com sent out a request for photos of Dodger related material because due to copyright laws and the negative nature of his site, the Dodgers had threatened to file suit against him if he used licensed photos  without permission.  So I sent him a photo that I took of my son at phone bill Park in Frisco, as he attempted to get an autograph of Terry Mulholland.
Now you are probably asking the question, “why would anyone ever want an autograph of Terry Mulholland?"   You know what?  I have no idea.  I mean, that guy out and out sucked as a Dodger.  In 2001-2002 he put up an ERA of 5.83 and 7.31.  The amazing thing is that Dan Evans, probably the best GM we’ve had since Campanis still had his wits intact, was able to trade him to Cleveland for Paul Shuey, a fairly decent player.
All I know is that he was there, and I took the picture.  Dodgerblues took it, and used it, even if my kid’s head was partially obstructing Mulholland.  The dodgerblues.com guy told me, “thanks, I think...and by the way, if your kid was really trying to get an autograph from Mulholland, you might want to get him into some counseling real soon.”



No comments:

Post a Comment